A Page For The Working Hypnotherapist and Students of Hypnotherapy
Answers To The Technical and Procedural Questions That You Ask About Doing Hypnotherapy
Calvin D. Banyan, MA, Board Certified Hypnotherapist and Certified Instructor answers Hypnotherapists questions from around the world.
Calvin D. Banyan, MA is an internationally acknowledged expert on hypnotherapy and is a regular contributor to the National Guild of Hypnotists Journal of Hypnotism.
Mr. Banyan knows what he is talking about. Look at these recent awards:
- NGH Certified Hypnotherapist in 1996
- NGH Certified Instructor in 1999
- NGH Board Certified Hypnotherapist in 2001
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2002
- NGH Certified Instructor of the Year 2003
- NGH Educator of the Year 2003
- NGH title of "Fellow" in 2004
- NGH Counsel of the Order of Braid 2005
- NGH Charles Tebbits Award 2005
- NGH Journal of Hypnotism, June 2005, Cover Photo & Interview
- Member of the NGH Advisory Board, 2006
- Member of the NGH Ethics Committee, 2007
- Member of the NGH Convention & Eductional Conference Faculty from 2000 to Present
- NGH President's Award, 2008
- Hypnotism Media Award of the Year 2010
- Diplomate of the National Guild of Hypnotists 2010
This page is dedicated to all working hypnotherapists and people who have questions about hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
Over the years I have responded to many questions from hypnotherapists around the world. I would usually send them an email containing my reply. As it turned out, I was sometimes answering the same questions for a second or third time. To help rectify this situation and to provide a wider benefit to everyone, I have decided to construct and maintain this page, a place where I can place my response to these questions.
The majority of these questions come from my students and other hypnotherapists who have visited Banyan Hypnosis Center For Training & Services, Inc. website and emailed me directly. However, some the questions come from the members of the professional hypnotherapy lists to which I moderate. Click here to learn more about those hypnotherapy groups.
Also, almost any hypnotherapist would benefit from reading these questions and answers, in some cases the questions are specific to an advanced form of hypnotherapy called 5-PATH® in which cases the reader would be well served by learning about the process. Click here to read articles about hypnosis, hypnotherapy and 5-PATH®.
I hope you find this page useful,
Calvin Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH
PS: In order to make it easier for you to check back and see if anything new has been added to this page, I will always put the latest questions and answers at the top of the list. So the page will tend to run from the latest question answered, down to the oldest question answered. So remember to bookmark or link to this page so that you can check back frequently.
The Following Are Actual Questions Sent To Us
Answered By Calvin D. Banyan, MA, BCH, CI, FNGH, and National Guild of Hypnotists Award Winning Certified Hypnotherapist and Trainer
23. Question from a student of hypnotherapy about the validity of hypnosis, especially the deeper levels in which a subject or client can experience hallucination by suggestion. The question is paraphrased to eliminate identifying information and doubts he expressed about some of the teachers/trainers he has encountered.
Please consider the answers to all of the questions above as "input" that comes from my training and experience. I am not responsible for you or your client's results. The above is merely information, that is the best I can share with you. You are responsible for your sessions, and what you chose to do in the course of therapy with your client. Remember to work within the limits of your training. The greatest dangers to yourself and to your clients when doing hypnotherapy are:
- Attempting to work with issues you have not been trained to work with.
- Preventing clients from getting the appropriate psychological or medical treatment.
So, whenever you are working with a medical issue if you are not a licensed medical professional, get a referral from a physician who is treating your client, and always work within the limits of your training and experience. If you need more training or supervision, get it.
If you have questions about doing hypnotherapy, please contact me using this form and I will respond to it here or in one of my free hypnosis training videos
I'll do my best to answer them for you.
© 2001 Calvin D. Banyan, All Rights Reserved