HypnoAnesthesia for Pain Management
by M. Ron Eslinger
When you add pain management to your practice your practice can grow exponentially!
- Increase the breadth of your practice by helping your clients to overcome chronic pain with this hypnosis training.
- Increase the profitability of your practice by adding pain management.
- Position yourself as being more credible than other hypnotherapists in your area.
- Work with physicians and other health professionals getting you more referrals for other issues as well.
- Working with just one client will pay for the entire cost of this course.
- Additional certification in HypnoAnesthesia is also available, but not required.
$325.00(Plus S & H)
Be the first to benefit from this professional course in HypnoAnesthesia for Pain Management, a whole new hypnotherapy practice in a box. This course contains the knowledge and techniques that you need to be successful right away.
The complete two-day course is contained on 7 DVDs, plus there is also a CD with the hypnotic music that Ron Eslinger uses for his pain management sessions, and the entire course manual is on another CD.
- Seven DVDs containing the entire course.
- Hypnotic Music CD
- The Complete PowerPoint HypnoAnesthesia for Pain Management presentation on CD
- Contained in two large volumes.
This is the only seminar that teaches the four non-pharmacological pain control methods and their relationship to hypnosis.
The door for hypnotists to work with multi-disciplinary pain management teams has been opened by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). JCAHO set standards for the assessment of pain and states that alternative non-pharmacological methods for pain management be used by all hospitals.
Pain clinics are hiring qualified complementary healthcare practitioners to meet these standards. This seminar will focus on hypnotic intervention sessions for patient visits one through four in a comprehensive step-by-step model. The sessions will include the study of hypnotic techniques for the treatment of Stress Induced Headaches, Migraine Headaches, Chronic Post Surgical Pain, Cancer Pain, Labor & Delivery, Fibromyalgia, Back and Neck Pain, Tempromandibular Disorder, Tic Douloureux and any other specific pain syndromes the participants wish to discuss.
The "why" for the use of hypnosis in chronic pain management will be explained with the emphasis on the clinical practice of hypnosis involving physician referrals in and outpatient setting.
Demonstrations and antidotal case studies will be reviewed and will include; method of hypnotic induction, formulating hypnotic suggestions for decreasing or removal of symptoms, and metaphorical guidelines with goal setting and treatment planning. Hypnosis as a coping skill in dealing with secondary gain will also be included.
This seminar on DVD will focus on the use of hypnosis in pain management within the clinical context but is easily transferred to the hypnotherapists office. Specific methods of pain control in the treatment of acute, chronic and post surgical pain will be presented. This will include the differences between acute and chronic pain, both physiologically and psychologically.
Participants will discuss the use of hypnosis and related relaxation techniques in management of pain with a focus on the use of hypnosis as a means of providing the client with a renewed sense of controlling their disease rather than being controlled by it.
The participants will learn how simple words and hypnotic suggestions can change the pain perception. Through Demonstration and Case Studies, the participant will be introduced to the following:
- Mastering Pain is to understand the differences in the nature and management of chronic and acute pain.
- Pain can be sorted into three main types: Acute, Chronic, and Cancer pain.
- All who suffer from pain have a right to pain relief.
- Hypnosis can dramatically alter an individual's perception of pain, and its value as a clinical technique has been well documented.
- The importance in controlling pain is to limit suffering and to preserve hope.
- Empowering The Pain Client by Releasing Their Inner Pharmacy EMS System Endorphins, Melatonin, Serotonin
The Definition Approach
Hypnosis, as evidenced by its multi-centennial history, is one of the first and foremost enduring modalities in the management of organic pain problems. In proper perspective, hypnosis may not only relieve pain, but may also help to maintain the dignity and the well being of the patient/client without dependence on large quantities of medication. Hypnosis is not a Complementary approach, but a Psychological Therapy for pain management. Hypnosis is the most flexible non-invasive treatment model for dealing with pain.
The End Result
- You'll learn a step-by-step blue print for sessions one through four for working with groups.
- You'll learn the use of hypnosis in a clinical practice.
- You'll learn to have client/patient demonstrate the physiologic effect of hypnosis.
- You'll learn a four-step model for pain management.
- You'll learn the importance of cell memory and regression in pain management.
- You'll learn the importance of varied hypnotic inductions in pain management.
- Hypnotists will be surprised to learn that they already master the three basic ingredients to insure success. But you don't have to be a hypnotist or hypnotherapist to take this course, it is all in here.
Introduction Historical Overview The challenges of pain management, The Barriers to using hypnosis in pain management, Joint Commission Accreditation Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). What it is and its importance to alternative/complementary therapies, National Institute of Health and its endorsement of hypnosis in pain management.
Review of current pharmacological and invasive pain management strategies, World health Organization (WHO) three stepladder in measuring pain, JCAHO pain assessment standards Adverse effects of pain, The importance of controlling pain, Case Studies Q&A / Discussion
Non-pharmacological models of pain management Why Hypnosis, when pain is no longer our friend, Case study Answering question sent in from newly certified hypnotists, The importance of using and teaching relaxation and stress management to pain sufferers, Overcoming sleep disorders. Sleep better, feel better, Guaranteed Demonstration with group participation, Weight management & nutrition and pain management, Smoking/tobacco cessation and pain management
The two gold standards in pain management (placebo and glove anesthesia) Demonstration, case study Understanding metaphors and other techniques, psychological and cognitive for managing one's pain, case study Toxic tongues equal toxic outcomes
1st session with client developing rapport Expectation, intake, scripts, induction, contract, success formula & ego states and much more to ensure success during the first interaction, case study
Review 2nd session Step-by-Step dynamic process, most important of the sessions Homework, self talk, Coue', Glove anesthesia, control techniques 3rd session. Client directed, imagery, visualization, metaphors Demonstration / Discussion / Case study
4th sessions, Client Controlled with reinforcement, and monitored practice Post Surgical Pain, Why it occurs and the how to manage
Back and Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, Tempromandibular Disorders, Migraine and Stress, and Vascular Headaches, Cancer Pain, Case Studies Discussion
Introducing hypnotic techniques to multi-disciplinary pain clinics and Hospital Health Promotion Departments
Wrapping up and hypnotic pain management and bringing it all together.
Why learn from Ron Eslinger?
Michael R. “Ron” Eslinger, CRNA, MA, BCH, CI
Owner/Director Healthy Visions Wellness Center
He is the prevailing leader in the field of hypnosis for anesthesia and pain management. His training and experience is simply unsurpassed! This is the knowledge and training you need to make HypnoAnesthesia an important part of your hypnotherapy practice.
Train with the leader in hypnosis for pain management!
MA United States Naval War College
National Security & Strategic Studies
BS St. Joseph’s College
Health Care Administration
90H University of Tennessee Industrial Education
Cert Academy of Clinical Hypnosis
Dipl University of Tennessee
12H Monterey Peninsula College
Dipl William Beaumont Army Hosp
Maternal & Child Health Clinician
Dipl Saint Mary's Nursing School
Board Certified Hypnotherapist (NGH)
Certification in HypnoBirthing
Certified Hypnosis Instructor
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (National)
Registered Nurse - Tennessee